Both US-EU-JPN workshop on RF heating technology and US-JPN workshop on RF heating physics have a long history. They have been contributing to promote RF heating in fusion research through stimulated discussions and resulting collaborations. We would like to extend the invitation to members from the ITER Organization to participate and to give presentations.
In 2018 the workshops will be organized by National Institute for Fusion Science. Gotemba Kogen is one of the viewing spots of Mt. Fuji, the highest mountain in Japan. Mount Fuji, which straddles Yamanashi and Shizuoka Prefectures, was officially registered as a World Heritage site on June 26, 2013. Since ancient times, Mount Fuji has had great cultural significance in Japan. The majestic mountain has been viewed by the Japanese as a sacred symbol of the nation and has been depicted by such great artists as the painter Hokusai.
- First announcement: 31 March 2018
- Second announcement and call for abstracts: 30 April 2018
- Submission of one page abstract: 15 July 2018
- Final notification: 15 July 2018
- US-Japan Workshop on RF Heating Physics: 4-6 September 2018
- US-EU-Japan RF Heating Technology Workshop: 5-7 September 2018
- 21 May 2018: Homepage open